I had two hours to get his workout in, obviously much more than what I needed to complete the task at hand. It was a good one, but I have to admit that I'm getting a little bored. It's either boredom or my new work schedule. Having to work out in the late afternoon/early evening is not really my style, but what choice do I have, I gotta stack that paper.
The bis and tris routine was good, but the ab workout was better. My first ab exercise was to hold L-sits for 3 sets of 30 seconds. The first two sets were solid, holding for 33 seconds with the last set being 29 seconds. I wish I had a clock to look at because I would have fought for that last second. L-sits are legit and they definitely tax the abs-try it, it's much harder than it looks. I made improvement here so I was pleased.
My second core exercise was a modified alligator walk on the treadmill while using a Bosu. Again, I was shooting for time here, in an attempt to increase time under tension. I did 4 sets of 30 seconds at 1.3mph. I used the Bosu to make the exercise harder and it lived up to the billing. Trying to keep the Bosu level while walking on your hands is the key here, as you can see on my last set, I struggled to do this! Fun exercise though. After 3 sets of L-sits and 4 sets of the alligator walks, I was only able to finish with 2 sets of 8 and 6 reps of toes to bar. My abs were absolutely fried.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment