Hold Yourself to a Higher Standard

Hold Yourself to a Higher Standard

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Beastin' it!!!

It's been two weeks since I last deadlifted and if you recall, my PR at that time was 385. I knew I had more so I got after it today. I finished up with a new PR of 405! HOLLA!! The first couple sets didn't feel so good as my knees felt achy from all the football this weekend but that achy feeling quickly went away as my lower back was feeling the effects of pulling all the heavy weight. This may not be a huge accomplishment in the grand scheme of things, but for me it was a monumental moment. I'm really proud of myself as cheesy as that sounds. The bar never stopped moving during the pull so I am confident that I have more IF my lower back can handle. I was going to use a belt today but it was too big. I'd rather not rely on the belt so lower back strengthening will be a focus. All in all, my strength in EVERY category is going up! SOLID!

Deadlifts 225x2, 275x2, 315x1, 345x1, 365x1, 385x1, 400x1, 405x1

Rev. grip pulldowns 165x6, 180x6, 195x6, 210x6, 225x6
Hang leg raises-modified 4 sets of 15

T bar row 90x8, 115x6, 115x8, 125x6
Side cable crunches 90x15, 100x15, 110x15

No comments:

Post a Comment