Hold Yourself to a Higher Standard

Hold Yourself to a Higher Standard

Monday, March 1, 2010

Frostbitten?!?!



Sunday, February 28

Sorry, for the no post yesterday. I was thawing out from the 12 football games, in the 6 inches of snow, that still remained from the blizzard weeks ago! It was pretty ridiculous, for lack of a better word. My feet were absolutely frozen! So bad that the tips of my toes still have a tingling / numb sensation. Wiki says it may be a mild case of frostbite, haha! Not really funny but what the hell else are you gonna do but laugh. Laughing at one self is a natural response when one feels embarrassed, especially when one allows stupidity to interfere from making common sense decisions. Lesson learned...............the cold way!

Monday, March 1
WOD

Dumbbell military presses 27.5x 12, 60x5, 70x5, 80x3
Hanging leg raises-cross body 4 sets of 15

Behind the neck smith presses 135x12, 185x5, 185x5, 185x5
Decline touchdowns 3 sets of 10x15

Life Fitness machine laterals 3 sets of 100x8 drop set to 70x8
Free Motion modified woodchops 3 sets of 60x15

Reverse pec dec 3 sets of 80x12

Today marks the 3 month stretch til Memorial Day and today's workout was anything but stellar. I thought I was feeling strong so I attempted 80 lb presses and it did not go over well. It felt heavy just trying to get them up into position from my knees so I should have known better, but I tried anyways. Reps one and two were as expected, extremely difficult, but on the third one I felt something pinch in my neck. 8 hours later, I still can't turn my head from side to side without pain radiating up and down the right side of my neck and trap. As you could imagine, the rest of the workout suffered tremendously. I tried to work through the pain but the intensity of the workout was completely lost. The mojo was gone and even writing about it almost sucks as bad as the workout itself. On that note, I'm out!

No comments:

Post a Comment