Hold Yourself to a Higher Standard

Hold Yourself to a Higher Standard

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Stress kills!

I took a much needed rest day yesterday. I was scheduled to do legs but my stress levels are out the roof so if there was going to be any day that I could skip, it was yesterday. Primarily for the fact that, I'm still "resting" my meniscus sprain so it's not like I'm getting a whole lot out of my leg routine anyways.

Today is the first day this week where I have been able to come home and relax without feeling the pressure of a million things that needed to be done. I did get my workout in a bit earlier today and it was well received. I busted out chest and felt good. It took me a LONG time to warm up on flat bench. I did two warm up sets with 135, max rep set at 225 for 16 and then started making my climb. I did 1 rep sets up to 315 and then capped off flat bench with two sets of 225, max reps. I was pretty disappointed with only 16 reps. I was hoping for at least 20! That was a big kick in the nuts. Interestingly, my last two sets of 225 felt smooth. I got 12 reps at 225 for my last set. I didn't expect it to go up as smooth as it did given all the energy I expended previous to this last set. I have 20 reps in me, I just need a proper warm up. Next week, consider it done!

I was pretty tired moving into incline bench after a total of 61 presses on flat. I did 5 sets here starting at 225 and moving down to 185. I followed incline presses with 3 sets of 50 lbs on incline dummbell flyes.

Lastly, I did 2 sets of 8 Bosu smashes to really smoke 'em out! Job well done! I'm tired now. One more day and the weekend comes, along with the rain. I hope to catch up on some much needed rest.

1 comment: