
I went to visit my niece and nephew and got caught up in a sticky situation, literally. Cici's all you can eat buffet for JUST $3.99!!! Not sure if any of you have been there but it represents everything good and evil in this world. This car wash business model had people coming and going like no other place I've been witness to. The 40 ft. buffet bar started with salad, followed by any type of pizza you can imagine, and then ending with brownies, some apple crisp concoction and then CINNAMON BUNS!! I had 3 of these terrible but dreamy desserts. This is where we all need to have more restraint and be able to make the best of a bad situation OR we can succumb to our weaknesses and take the path of least resistance (which is exactly what I did). This is why nutrition is, in my opinion, the number 1 pillar to one's success in their path to establishing a healthier lifestyle. It's 80% nutrition and 20% training. I've always said that training is the easy part, nutrition is the HARD part.
My body pretty much hates me after the consumption of food within the past 12 hours. Last night was overkill on protein and today was an overkill in saturated fat and carbs. An hour and a half after leaving Cici's, I made my way over to the gym and spent 4o minutes on the treadmill. I felt like I had an entire loaf of bread wrapped in cheese sitting in my stomach while I ran. I did 2 cycles of a 15 minute followed by a 5 minute run. I covered 3.75 miles and then cooled down for the last quarter mile. I was miserable during the 10 minutes of actual running, but felt a sense of gratification afterward.
I have to survive one more birthday celebration tonight at Rio Grande, a Mexican joint. Nothing good comes from Mexican food, but I can assure you that I will not make the same mistake I made at Cici's. Remember, mistakes are a part of life, but "the only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing!" Nuff said.
No comments:
Post a Comment