Hold Yourself to a Higher Standard

Hold Yourself to a Higher Standard

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Blizzard in DMV!!!

So it's Saturday December 19 and for the first time in a long time the weather forecast proved to be spot on! It's been snowing since last night and hasn't shown any signs of letting up anytime soon. Although this kind of weather pretty much keeps everyone indoors (except for the kids to play), I can't let it slow my progress down. I am going to shovel and get my cardio in despite the steady snowfall and the 10 inches of snow that blankets the ground. I started off with a slow jog to warm up. Then the workout consisted of a 160 meter run/jog followed by 10 thru 6 burpees and sit ups for 5 rounds. I didn't expect this to be that hard but it was BRUTAL! I'm not sure if it was how many layers of clothing, the cold air or something else that made this workout so incredibly hard but whatever it was, I was dying! I had to stop and take breaks between rounds 2 and 4 just to be able to finish. I was really looking forward to shoveling the snow - seriously, I'm not being sarcastic. Not exactly the same thing as having a snowball fights or sledding but I guess I still "played" in the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment