Hold Yourself to a Higher Standard

Hold Yourself to a Higher Standard

Monday, December 28, 2009

"I feel like I've got small children in my arms!"


My old friend, Rath, always used to say use that expression whenever he did arms and that's exactly how I felt today. It was a nice change in routine but I felt like there was so much blood in my arms that I had a hard time getting full extension on my tricep movements. I guess time will tell how hard they were hit come tomorrow. I didn't take footage of this workout because it would have taken forever trying to set up the camera every time I moved between exercises as I did supersets. I started with 2 arm overhead extensions and alternating dumbbell curls. My last set of overhead extensions ended with 90 x 8 and 45 lb for the alternating dumbbell curls, dropsetting on the last set. My next two movements were seated tricep extensions and flathead curls on the Free Motion line. I worked with 120 lbs on both exercises for 8-10 reps. The last two movements were tricep pushdowns on the Free Motion Dual Stack and dumbbell hammer curls. I used light weight here and went to failure here for 3 sets. The workout lasted only 45 minutes, short, sweet, and intense!

No comments:

Post a Comment