Hold Yourself to a Higher Standard

Hold Yourself to a Higher Standard

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Push day

So today's workout consisted of chest and tris. I normally prefer not to train two pushing bodyparts because I like to superset my bodyparts. In this case though, I will not superset chest and tris to prevent my triceps from getting smoked out during my pressing movements. Chest and bis is what I'd rather prefer, but mixing it up is good. I hit it pretty heavy today, finishing up with 315 for 2 on flat and working up to 225 for 5 on incline. I used to finish my incline presses at 295 back in my college days so I have a lot of work to do to get back. My 1RM on flat is 355 and I'd have to imagine that it wouldn't take but 2 months max to get there. The plyometric push ups were brutal after flat and incline and I'm feeling sore today so that means it will be worse tomorrow. They say pain is just weakness leaving the body so bring on the pain!



No comments:

Post a Comment