.....for me it does anyway. My knee pain subsided heading to Nationals last week and although I tweaked the left one in one of the games it feels fine now. My right knee, which was the better of the two knees heading to Nationals, is now F-ed! It seems that I have meniscus damage. I don't know how, but what I do know is that there's a bit of swelling and at times I have a hard time jogging. With that said, and today being leg day, I did a makeshift workout. Not ideal for my training goals, but I wasn't about to take the day off and do NOTHING. Something is ALWAYS better than nothing. I was afraid to attempt any knee dominant moves in fear of my knee giving out so I stuck with all hip dominant moves. I warmed up with straight leg hip flexion and extensions, adduction and abduction to hit it from all angles. Perhaps I have some imbalances that may have contributed to my knee problems. After the warm up, I did dumbbell RDL's and then graduated to single leg RDL's with using 110lbs on the doubles and 55lbs on the singles. My balance was a little off as you'll notice in the footage. As I got the blood flowing, my knee felt pretty good so I decided to try some partials in a stationary lunge stance. I have pain at full extension / lock out of the right knee so I did bottom half partials. Wasn't bad at all. Like I said, this workout was on the other end of the spectrum in light of what I planned on doing. I had planned for some heavy squatting today but it looks like I'm going to have to take a couple steps backward, to move forward. Pain in the ass and aggravating as hell but it is what it is. I guess the years of just DOING, without regard to the consequences and repercussions of my hard playing, has finally caught up with me at 31.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment