Hold Yourself to a Higher Standard

Hold Yourself to a Higher Standard

Monday, January 25, 2010

Shoulders make the man!


Ok, so I caught some grief from my buddy for not having posted anything over the weekend. That's what I'm talking about, I did this blog for that reason alone, to be held accountable! My reason for not posting over the weekend was because I didn't have much to report since all I did was participate in an hour of football on Saturday and Sunday. Nothing special, so I left it out. However, today I was back at it with shoulders and abs. I was pretty bummed that I took on a few extra clients today, extending my day by two hours that I wasn't expecting. That meant that my workout was going to be done at home and not the gym and seeing how I sold pretty much everything over the weekend, I was gonna have to make due with what was left. I was pretty happy with what I did and I felt good throughout. I tried split jerks for the first time. I think it went well but I'm certain someone with more experience there could offer me a few cues on technique. The HSPU's went well and I felt strong with the high pulls too. I definitely could have ramped up the weight and I say this because afterward, I felt like my shoulders were asking for more. I experimented with a few exercises that I'm normally accustomed to so I didn't want to sacrifice form for weight which explains the feeling of wanting more. Next time!

Split jerks 115x6, 135x6, 135x5

HSPUs 10, 8, 8, 6
Reach over sit ups 12x8, 12x8, 12x8, 12x6

DB push press 55x6, 60x5, 60x5
Reverse crunches 20, 15, 15

Hi pulls 135x6, 145x5, 155x4
Lateral raises 20x10, 20x12, 20x10

Bent over laterals 3 sets of 20x15
Decline trunk rotations/touchdowns 25x20, 25x20/10, 25x20/10

No comments:

Post a Comment