Hold Yourself to a Higher Standard

Hold Yourself to a Higher Standard

Monday, February 8, 2010

And we're off!

The roads suck and most people are home from work including me! I feel an overwhelming feeling of guilt for not having made it into the city to train the few die hard clients I have that were willing to meet. No work = no $$, which in turn does not make Adam happy. I guess there's no reason to piss and moan, but rather move on with my day. I crunched some numbers and here's what I came up with. I'm going to base my diet around a calorie consumption of 3,060 calories with 35% from protein, 40% from carbs, and 25% from fats. These percentages will yield 267g of protein, 306g of carbs, and 85g of fat. I think I might struggle to meet the protein requirement as it is 1.5g to 1lb of bodyweight. Nutrition is and will ALWAYS be the hardest part of any program. The correlation is there and you will look like what you eat. So if I'm eating all this protein, I'm hoping I will turn into all muscle!!

Here's my intake for today!


7:30AM Meal 1
----------------
4 ounces of pulled pork
1 tbsp of BBQ sauce
Slider sized bun-toasted
38 pro, 36.5 carb, 18 fat, 497 cal

10AM Mid Morning Meal 2
-----------------------
7.4 ounces of white rice
Turkey burger
1/2 ounce of polynesian sauce
41 pro, 76.5 carb, 9 fat, 545 cal

1 PM Meal 3
------------
Barilla Plus Angel Hair Pasta
6 oz of ground breef w/ marinara sauce
54.5 pro, 76 carb, 16 fat, 655 cal

4:30PM Pre and Post workout Meal
--------------------------------
Xtend-2 scoops
Syntha 6-2 scoops
44 pro, 30 carb, 12 fat, 490 cal

7PM Meal 5
----------
5 oz of flank steak
3.7 oz of rice
41 pro, 33 carb, 25 fat, 512 cal

9:30PM Meal 6
-------------
Muscle Milk Light
Optimum Whey - 1 scoop
44 pro, 14 carb, 6 fat, 290 cal

Projected totals 267 pro, 306 carb, 85 fat, 3060 cal
My totals 262.5 pro, 266 carb, 86 fat, 2989 cal

I was pretty much spot on with the protein, fats, and calorie intake, but a little light on the carbs. That's ok, if I'm going to be light anywhere, I would like to be on the short side there. I know, I didn't have much in terms of veggies. I've always been bad there. The only time I like veggies is in my chinese food! My workout today kicked ass, I'll post that here soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment