No tear means no surgery! Just a grade 2 sprain in the medial and lateral meniscus. What a relief. Doc said to stay away from heavy lifting and that resuming football this weekend is ok provided I wear a brace. Quite frankly, this advice sounds a little off to me, which leads me to my next thought. Do doctors ALWAYS know what they're talking about?? I'm at peace with, what sounds to be, good news but is the advice "sound?" I would have to disagree here. I was expecting no other advice than to rest it and then when I'm done resting it, rest it some more. I'd love to partake in the 2 pre-season tourneys on Sunday but I'm having major reservations in doing so in fear of the consequences and repercussions of playing a minimum of 10 games. To play or not to play?
ARMS, calves and abs!!!!
Today's workload for arms was not nice, but NIIICCCE! I had 90 minutes to work with but had lots to cover. I started this workout with the 21 gun salute warm up. Light weights for 2 sets and 21 reps. I have to admit that I'm guilty of not actually performing a proper warm up prior to my sessions but for some reason today, I skipped rope and did 2 warm up sets. As a result, my workouts seemed great! I don't know why I did it but I'm glad I did. My mental focus was on point and the pumps were not nice, but NICE! I did heavy pushdowns with cable preacher curls, 4 sets, alternating hand position from close to wide to shift emphasis. Next up, rope pushdowns and inlcine "W" curls. Last on the agenda was cable kickbacks and lying cable curls (elbows down). These were the burners, just forcing blood into the muscles. It was NICE!
I shifted gears to calves and abs here. Seeing how I need the most work on my calves, I gave them most of my attention as time was running out. I tried to go heavy on the Free Motion calf and super slow on the seated calf raises (20 seconds of time under tension per rep). Not fun, but completely necessary. My ab workout was crap. I ran out of time b/c getting the footage is such a time suck. Oh well, I'll visit them tomorrow when I go for my run.
T
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment