So this weekend, the wheels fell off! Hell, the whole damn transmission dropped out!! I went hard with my diet for all of last week until Friday night through Sunday. I indulged a bit Friday night, then basically ate 3 servings worth of chicken with broccoli on Saturday night, and then ate a FULL BLOWN buffet at The Comus Inn for Valentine's Day brunch. Now, I will hold myself accountable for Friday and Saturday's debacle, but I was ambushed on Sunday. I had no idea I was going to buffet for brunch. Instead, the brunch was FULL BLOWN and when I say FULL BLOWN, I mean FULL BLOWN! There was Chesapeake eggs benedict, chocolate chip pancakes and waffles, bacon, sausage, mac and cheese, omelettes, fish, AND a dessert table. We're talking chocolate eclairs, full slices of cheesecake, 3 different types of mini cheesecakes, donut holes, and cookies! I suppose they had to go over the top to justify the $35 cost for brunch. I walked out of there disgusted and with every intention to come home and hit the gym. HOWEVER, upon my arriving home, food coma set in. I became one with the couch for about 2 hours, never making it to the gym. On a positive note, I did only eat once more on Sunday. Ugh, never again.
As for today, I got back to the grind. Regular breakfast at 5AM and then only 5 clients today. I had a small break and was only able to complete half the workout so I had to go back later in the afternoon to get the rest in, not ideal but it is what it is. I had a lot of energy from the crap load of food from yesterday. I didn't push too heavy today, but I worked pretty fast. I've really been liking the 10-5 program so I've been incorporating frequently as of late.
Behind the neck push presses 95lbs 10 thru 5
Gravitron pushdowns 4 sets 110x15
High pulls 4 sets 115x8
Barbell rotations 3 sets 10x10
Cable X's 25x12, 25x10, 25x10
Hanging windshield wipers 16, 16, 16
Lying lateral raises 10x10, 10x10
Free Motion calf-1 leg at a time 4 sets 200x15 (40 seconds of time under tension)
Seated calf raises 45x10 (30 secs), 55x10 (40 secs),
55x15 (35 secs), 55x15 (35 secs)
The worst part of this workout was the hanging windshield wipers. I never did like this exercise and I still hold the exercise in contempt for it ALWAYS kicks my ass. Last time I did this, I got 3 sets of 10. I willed my way to get 8 today. I think the idea is to get better right? Riggghhhttt. The calf work burned like hell. I went slower than normal to increase time under tension but damn, it hurts! My fellow compatriot, Matt Henry, says "I need to work on my girlish calves." He's so hurtful! I'll do my best, but that workout you gave me is just pure insanity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment