Hold Yourself to a Higher Standard

Hold Yourself to a Higher Standard

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Feeling goooood!

I must say, I think this weekend's binge is doing wonders for me. Perhaps, I need weekends like that. I'll eat super strict mid week and then have 2 cheat meals, one for each day of the weekend. My nutrition has been pretty weak during the day. Just too much going on and no time to get a good meal in. I have to be better with planning.

I had no time restrictions today for my workout so it was a good one. I started with 1 to 1 burpee to chin ups. The plan was to do 50 chin ups regardless of however many sets it took me. It didn't take long and this was very impromptu, so next time I do this, I'll rip through these in no time. I should have put a clock on it.

The next superset was T bar rows with box jumps. My buddy, Alex (King of the box jump), busted my balls for having to take a step in on my 4 ft. box jump. Well, I'm back to that 4 ft. box jump without the step in. I was a little scared and almost punted the idea of trying this with my knee but lateral movement is where the concern lies. In my opinion, box jumps are more mental than anything else. You have to commit and go for it. Once you leave the ground, there's no turning back! He or she who hesitates, LOSES!

Next was Free Motion lat pulls and low rows with a supinated grip. I decided to superset a vertical pull with a horizontal pull here to finish up. It wasn't easy but damn if it didn't feel good. I only used 140 lbs at a pretty controlled tempo (202 tempo).

Before leaving the gym, I felt compelled to do 3 sets of bent over reverse dumbbell flyes. It's never enough!!! My shoulders, traps and rhomboids were incredibly sore from yesterday, which was shocking. I worked hard but wasn't expecting the aches today the way I did.

Here's the shortened version, one set of everything but the bent over reverse flyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment