Hold Yourself to a Higher Standard

Hold Yourself to a Higher Standard

Thursday, February 25, 2010

It's crunch time people!


You can always tell when Spring Break fever is upon us. All the folks with hopes and dreams of actually conquering their New Year's Resolutions quickly dissipate and become dormant for another year. But alas, their with disappearance emerges the college hotties flocking to the gym to get their swerve on the cardio machines, in hopes to be "that" girl on Spring Break, rockin' that string bikini that would make every father want to grab for his double barrel shotgun. It's great to see these young chickies gettin' after it. It brings back great memories of College Park. Frat boys setting up camp by the heavy dumbbells that they can't even lift and the 3rd floor cardio and indoor track area, packed with sorority chicks galore. Ahhhh, the good ole days.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand! I had a very fun / productive chest workout today and achieved unbelievable pumps. The plan for today was to do heavy presses and explosive plyometric push up movements. The heavy pressing movements felt refreshing. I grabbed and made it up to 100lbs on the incline and flat presses without hesitation. The behind the back clap push ups were hard, but fun. Ross Enamait does a triple clap push up that is just sick, sick, SICK! I'm nowhere near that guys level, he's a straight up monster. You'll see I got a double clap a couple times. Props to me, ha! The other plyometric moves were challenging and is what gave me that super pump. I thoroughly enjoyed this workout. If I had more time, I would have added a few more sets on my pressing movements as I got carried away with the "fun" part of the workout. Here's the rundown.

Incline dumbbell presses 55x8, 65x5, 80x5, 90x5, 100x5, 100x5

Behind the back-clap push ups 8, 8, 6

Flat dumbbell presses 100x5, 100x5, 100x5

Medicine ball power-over push ups 20, 20

Cable crossovers-low to high 30x15, 40x10, 40x8

Traveling explosive push ups

No comments:

Post a Comment