Hold Yourself to a Higher Standard

Hold Yourself to a Higher Standard

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Bounce!



It's been almost three weeks since I played any football on this bum knee and although it has gotten better, it's still not great. I found out the hard way post workout that this might be more than just a "little" meniscus tear.

I performed a pistol the other day for a client of mine and why I used my bad knee is a damn good question. As I got down to the very bottom of the squat, I knew coming back up was going to hurt a bit. To my estimation, the pain I felt on the concentric part of the movement was devastating, just like I anticipated it to be. Terrible idea and I am paying for it today. Surprisingly, for the amount of pain I was in, didn't carry over to today. Correction, the amount of soreness/swelling didn't carry over but I still felt it. Let's just say that it felt good enough for me that I thought I'd continue on with the plyos I did yesterday. I've been discouraged as of late that my injuries are taking so long to heal. Granted, it's only been 3 weeks but it seems like an eternity. I decided to do very little weight work, a few leg curls, extensions, leg presses, and RDL's before I got to the fun stuff.

I LOVE doing plyos! I decided that I would attempt multiple box jumps rather than a single box jump for height like yesterday. Today was all about bounce, spend as little time on the ground as possible. This routine brings back a lot of good memories from workouts when multiple trainers would join me in this workout in an attempt to catch the person in front of you. It helps keep the pace up, unlike how I was walking back to the start after my jumps. You'll see in the video clip how bad my conditioning is not having been able to run or get on the C2. Getting old sucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment